250 H.O. – Model-specific elements
|E250HSL||507 lbs /
|E250HGL||507 lbs /
|E250HGX||515 lbs /
|Limited Warranty||3 year, non-declining|
|Engine type||V6 90° E-TEC DI|
|Displacement||210 cu in/3441 cc|
|Recommended fuel||87 Octane|
|Emissions compliance||CARB 2 Star, U.S EPA, European Union|
|Recommended Oil||Evinrude/Johnson XD100™ Oil|
|Propshaft HP||Factory Tuned for High Performance|
|Full Throttle RPM Range||4500 to 6000 RPM|
|Alternator output||133 Amps Total Output/ 50 Amps Net Dedicated|
|Fuel induction||E-TEC DI w/ Stratified low RPM combustion mode|
|Lubrication||Multi-point, targeted oiling|
|Bore x Stroke||3.854 x 3 in / 98 x 76 mm|
DURABILITY & RELIABILITY
More time on the water. It starts with more time on the engineering table. Every part, every system is designed, built and tested to go the distance. We put a lot more in. You get a lot more out.
- Easy starts
- First time, every time, with one revolution of the flywheel. No choking, no priming, no swearing.
- No break-in period
- You go flat-out, right out the box, thanks to our boron-nitrate cylinder bores. It’s your time on the water. Don’t waste a second of it breaking in a four stroke.
- Fewer parts, more peace of mind
- No belts, camshafts or exhaust valves to break down. You can go a lot farther, knowing your engine will get you back.
- Parts that last
- Low-friction design for greater performance and longer life, under any load. Parts that are built better, tested longer.
- Fail-safe protection
- In the event of an overheat or other anomaly, the engine automatically reduces power to protect your investment, giving you a big five-hour window to get back without incurring engine damage.
- High performance iridium plugs
- More efficient spark, smoother running, longer life.
- Sealed fuel system
- Air can’t get in. Fuel won’t evaporate. No more gummed-up fuel systems. Your engine is well protected during storage.
- Bigger alternators
- Nearly twice the available amperage of competitive engines. Run more accessories with more confidence.
POWER & PERFORMANCE
What’s the goal of power and performance? Simple. Beat everything on the water in everything from speed and torque to fuel efficiency. Whether you’re running slow, fast or anywhere in between.
- Instant throttle response
- When you say jump, we jump. Out of the hole and across the entire performance curve. Not just select points. The key is that every revolution is a power stroke. That means twice the power strokes of a four stroke. Plus, the computer-controlled engine management system delivers the perfect fuel mix directly to the combustion chamber for hair-trigger response.
- Less fuel
- The engine management system makes more than 8 million calculations per second. You get the precise amount of fuel you need at any given rpm. Not a droplet more. A big advantage when you’re running big water. Plus, you’re buying 87 octane fuel – not premium, like some two- and four-strokes require.
- High torque
- The natural two-stroke advantage combined with our super-natural fuel-injection and combustion system. That’ll give you up to 23% more torque than a comparable Yamaha four-stroke. Hole shots? More like sling shots.
- High horsepower
- Our horses never hold back. You get to your running speed faster. You hold it more consistently. Even when you’re pounding big waves on big water.
- Less weight, more power
- You’re on plane faster, with less bow rise so you can see the open water in front of you. Simply better control and better handling.